Blaze damages historic 17th Century hotel

A fire in a ground floor kitchen involving deep fat fryers spread to the first floor ballroom of a historic hotel in Devon.
Crews responded to the fire at the Royal Seven Stars Hotel in Totnes just before 10.00pm on Saturday 29 September.

Staff and 35 guests evacuated the building and no one was injured.
At 11.12pm, crews confirmed the fire had spread to the cavity walls and firefighters were attempting to expose and extinguish the flames.
The fire was extinguished by fire crews using eight breathing apparatus, three hose reel jets, one aerial ladder platform and two main jets.
The fire was under control shortly after 3.00am.
Posted on by Rob FantiniThis entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.